Friday, October 1
Nigerian Food: [FAKE]Jollof Rice Recipe
My Bestie Wanted me to put up this recipe for her, Its not Really Jollof considering Jollof Rice takes longer to cook.
I got this Recipe from my Neighbors in Nigeria whom i used to go to their house after school (I was like..6) and the family had like 4 boys[Uncle Fela, Uncle Kunle, Uncle Taye & Bayo] and 1 girl [Auntie Kehinde], The girl went away for college while the Oldest two didn't live at home [Uncle Fela & Uncle Kunle], but the Girl's twin brother [Uncle Taye] and the youngest one[Bayo] (who was in High School then) stayed at home and Babysat me and my Brother[Re] (who was 7).
Being men, They of course couldn't cook delicacies for lunch, so to spice things up They made this red rice for us and me & Re LOVE it soo much!!
The cool thing is that the rice soo easy to make and fast [It has to be! When you're feeding two hungry children! bahahah] They were the coolest babysitters ever I loved going to their house :) awwn I miss em'
What You Need....
1. 2 cups Parboiled Rice..Can be freshly cooked or a day old (I usually use the old leftover rice, because i don't eat leftover rice, and in order not to waste it...)
2. 2 full tablespoons of Palm Oil[shake well first] (you can get this in any African Store or Asian Store- In the African section)
3. 2-3 tbs of fresh blended pepper
4. 1-2 tbs Chicken Seasoning broth[taste it!], and any other spices you want to add (ginger, Garlic, thyme, curry)
5. a sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper (I like it hott- You can get the original African one where you get the Palm Oil).
Its simple, fast put everything in a medium-large saucepan and mix away till the palm oil and everything has covered the rice evenly and till the rice is hot (Temp)[Don't be scared if you notice some burning at the bottom]
Serve with Chicken, steak or steamed veggies.
Serving size: 2-3 people
Thanks for reading!!
© BLISS de la Leona | All rights reserved.