Today I was feeling frisky. Although I wanted and craved deeply for that juiciness, I wanted something else with it. As a meat lover, running out of steak, chicken, turkey and fish is not always a bad thing. Because then I could fully depend on my veggies, and today I found a bag of spinach in my freezer. In order to fulfill the taste in my longing tongue, I merged two recipes and made me some Spinach tomato basil pasta.
1. boil the spaghetti, add salt if you want (1 tbs). You can also boil the water before adding the spaghetti
2. while pasta is boiling, add a teaspoonful of minced garlic to a table spoonful of olive oil on a pan
3. fry till garlic has a light brown color
4. add tomatoes (a can or 2 whole tomatoes, diced) and a handful of spinach, and spices, stir-fry till spinach is cooked and tomatoes have absorbed the good juice.
5. when stir-fry is done, the spaghetti should be about done too. Once it is cooked, drain in a colander
6. add two tablespoons of margarine to spaghetti immediately after draining, to prevent it from sticking together. mix thoroughly
7. once the margarine is mixed, add the spinach tomato stir fry mix and mix the pasta with it
8. ALL done!! and ready to eat!!!
Thanks for reading!!