Just had an inspiration, one day. I called it Casarecce Limone because its Casarecce duhh haha. And also because I used lemon juice to tart up the chicken and mix. Yumm. (Limone is Italian for Lemon).
This recipe reminds me of the Tomato Basil recipe except there are more and further steps…
- 2 tbs of lemon juice
- 1 tbs of butter, melted
- 2 tbs of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of 2% milk
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp of basil
- 1 tsp of lemon pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 8oz of pasta
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese
- chicken broth seasoning
- black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Parsley flakes
1. Cook the Pasta according to Package Directions
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter
3. Make your Béchamel Sauce mix. Mix all the spices ( 1 tsp of basil, 1 tsp of lemon pepper, chicken broth seasoning, black pepper, 1 tsp of garlic powder), 2 tbs lemon juice.and flour together
4. Add 1 cup of milk to the mix.
5. Put the mix in the pot and mix with the butter continuously till it cooks and there are no lumps(don’t let it burn!)
6. When that is done, prepare the chicken. First rub either olive oil or butter on it.
7. Then rub down half of the béchamel sauce on the chicken. Put the chicken in the oven and broil on the highest (about 400-500) for 15-20 minutes or until the thickest part of the chicken is 165F.
8. While the chicken is in the oven, the Pasta should be done by now, drain it and mix with a tsp of olive oil to keep it from sticking together.
9. In a pan, put a Tablespoon of Olive oil, heat it up.
10. Cut the tomatoes into small cubes or slices (you can use a can chopped tomatoes instead).
11. stir-fry the tomatoes, add a little seasoning (broth, garlic cloves, black pepper).
12. Add tomatoes to Pasta, mix thoroughly.
13. Chicken should be done by now. Add the Chicken to the pot of pasta and tomatoes top it off with the béchamel sauce (no need to mix: it should trickle down on the food-if sauce is too thick add a little water or milk) and then cheese then with some Parsley flakes.
14. Food is ready to serve!
Serving Size: 4
Thanks for reading!
Thanks for reading!!