Finally got this recipe underway, it’s a nice treat when one wants something with extra EXTRA sugar, and definitely NOT exactly healthy!!
I had a strange craving for peanut butter and cake, so I decided to make a peanut butter cake from a basic cake recipe. However, with a twist, a nice crispy glazed sugar topping. it came out really pretty! SOO pretty, I did not want to eat it at all. That first bite is what makes you crave more of its extra sweet peanut buttery soft goodness. ENough rambling, here’s the recipe;
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup CREAMY peanut butter
- 1 egg (or 2 if you want extra fluffy-ness)
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a cupcake pan with paper liners, or grease and flour cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour,baking soda and salt; stir into the batter alternately with the milk.
- sprinkle a handful or less (depends on your sweetness level) of sugar evenly, wrap (do not mix) the batter around it, repeat twice to create a swirl
- Spoon into the prepared muffin cups. and sprinkle another layer of sugar on top
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top of the cupcakes spring back when lightly pressed. Cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Thanks for reading!!